All kinds of groups have fun traveling on Metrolink while enjoying discounted rates. Whether planning a school group excursion, a Boy Scout or Girl Scout troop adventure, or taking a trip with a group of friends, Metrolink is the economical and carefree way to get you to your destination.
- For groups of students/youths aged 5 - 18 and/or attending K - 12
- Price is $3.00 per person for round-trips and $1.50 per person for one-way trips
- Minimum 1 chaperone per 10 students/youths; maximum 1 chaperone per 5 students/youths; 1 to 1 ratio permitted for students/youths with disabilities
- Chaperones must be aged 19 or older
- Additional riders who are not chaperones must purchase full-fare tickets through the Metrolink mobile app or at a station ticket machine
- Minimum group size is 15
- Student/youth trip vouchers cannot be used to transfer to connecting transit (buses, subway, or Amtrak, etc.)
- Vouchers cannot be used for transfer to Amtrak codeshare trains
- Trips are available weekdays only
- Limited space available
HOW TO BOOK A STUDENT/YOUTH GROUP TRIP
- Call Metrolink's Customer Service Center at 800-371-5465 to make a reservation
- Reservations must be made a minimum of six weeks before the trip date
- Payment is due 30 days prior to the date of the trip
- Board the train with your valid travel voucher.
Transferring to Metro
A separate reservation is required if you wish to transfer onto the Metro system. Please call Metro’s student field trip reservation number at (213) 922-4080 or email: [email protected].
- For groups of 15 or more persons, maximum 50.
- Round-Trip tickets cost $12.00 per person (all ages), plus a $2.50 processing fee per order, for same day travel.
- Payment deadline is three weeks prior to trip date.
- Tickets transfer to most municipal operators.
- Reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance at (800) 371-LINK (5465).
- Limited space available during off-peak periods.